Ured UNICEF-a Bosne i Hercegovine raspisao je konkurs za poziciju Early Childhood and Mother and Child Health Officer-a. Aplikanti moraju biti državljani Bosne i Hercegovine, a konkurs je otvoren do 14.02.2011.
VACANCY NOTICE: SAR/2011/02
UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified candidate for the position of
Early Childhood Development and Mother and Child Health Officer
NOA, Fixed-Term Appointment
Under the supervision of the Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Mother and Child Health (MCH) Officer, the post will provide technical assistance contributing to administration, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the Early Childhood Development and Mother and Child Health (ECD and MCH) programme.
1. Technical assistance and capacity development in ECD/MCH (ECD, Immunization, Nutrition, and HIV/AIDS). Provide technical assistance and support in managing the ECD/MCH project (incl. administration, planning, monitoring and evaluation). Assist in organizing training/development activities to upgrade the capacity of staff, government and NGOs partners in implementation of ECD and MCH project. Provide support in the development of communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and community participation for ECD & MCH.
2. Project planning and implementation follow-up. Assist in development of the project work plan and in the implementation of activities. Assist partners in the planning and management of ECD and MCH interventions. Provide timely implementation follow-up to help ensure objectives are achieved. Assist in identification and selection of supplies and equipment required for project implementation, in collaboration with Operations section. Follow up on delivery of cash assistance and liquidations of advances and proper planning, delivery and use of supply component. Ensure that activities are in accordance with plans of action. Record information on utilization of resources and distribution of supplies. Follow up with local counterparts and other partners on project implementation.
3. Monitoring project implementation. Participate in field visits to monitor project activities and local conditions. Assist in identifying necessary action for project adjustment, improvement and sustainability. Reports to supervisor the outcome of programme monitoring and review meetings. Suggest necessary changes in action work plans. Monitor UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance.
4. Partnerships and coordination. Help maintain effective partnerships and promote integration with other sectors. Contribute to effective collaboration and team work for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking. Support the implementation of a multi- sector approach to programming.
5. Information, data analysis, documentation and reporting. Provide support to collect, analyze and compile data and information. Help ensure that up-to-date information is available to support the ECD and MCH project. Assist in the timely preparation of project documents such as project proposal, Terms of Reference, talking points. Draft reports for management, donors, reviews and other purposes as required.
Essential Requirements Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Medicine, Social Sciences, Public Health, or a related technical field
- Minimum two years of relevant professional working experience in project implementation and knowledge of issues related to Early Childhood and Development, Maternal and Child Health, and social inclusion
- Fluency in English and local languages (oral and written) required
- Relevant UN experience is an asset
Competencies and Values:
For further details, please contact Human Resources office in Sarajevo.
Applications consisting of a covering letter of interest, curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees should be addressed to Human Resources – UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kolodvorska 6, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina quoting Vacancy Notice Reference.