Citizens Association “Nešto Više” is a non-governmental organization established in 1997 by a group of young people experienced in working with organizations from the civil society sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). By issuing resolution RU-88/03 by the Ministry of Justice of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Association gains the status of a state-registered organization. Our programs and projects have been implemented in more than 70 local communities in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
A morally responsible and tolerant Bosnian society, it fosters competence, security and community through the mutual care of the individual and the community.
“Something More” encourages positive change in society by giving individuals and groups the opportunity to build, through formal and informal education, networking, work, shared experiences, and help, others into competent and responsible leaders who believe in themselves and others for openness and belonging to their society.
Learning through work.
- Connecting and sharing experiences of BiH citizens with citizens from Europe and the world,
- Breaking down prejudices and closed value systems in BiH,
- Professional training,
- Working with students and improving study conditions,
- Provision of information and organization of postgraduate studies in and outside BiH,
- Protection and promotion of mental health in BiH,
- Improving socio-economic living conditions in BiH,
- Providing various forms of assistance to vulnerable categories in society,
- Collaboration with European and international associations of similar programmatic orientation,
- Institutional strengthening and development of the Association itself through continuous education of employees, application of modern methods in work, engagement of quality external associates and creation of a partner network,
- And all those goals set by the bodies of the Association, which are in accordance with the law.
note: “Nešto Više ” meaning “Something More”